UWE_clr

Am I eligible to apply?

If your business has a presence in the South West of England - defined as Bristol, Bath, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire - and you intend to undertake research and development (R&D) activity that will create and/or safeguard jobs through the development of innovative products, technologies, processes or services, you are likely to be eligible.

 

The I4G programme will only contribute up to a maximum of 35% of total project costs, so you will need to be in a position to cover the remaining 65%.  Your project contribution can be made up of a variety of eligible costs, including staff salaries, materials, equipment, consultancy fees and reasonable overheads.

 

Capital purchases (excluding buildings) and training fees are also likely to be eligible, so long as they directly relate to R&D being carried out. If you require funding for capital expenditure (new properties/buildings, plant, equipment, etc) or training that is unrelated to R&D activity, you should contact the South West Growth Fund, an RGF programme run by Plymouth University and SWMAS Ltd.

 

I4G is primarily aimed at small or medium sized enterprises (SMEs), and use the European Commission's SME definition which takes into account staff numbers, turnover and relationships with other enterprises.

 

Projects will be assessed for eligibility and sent to a least two independent, expert referees for comments.  Final funding decisions will be made by a panel of independent experts who will take these comments into account.

 

Please note that your project, if supported, must be completed by 31 March 2017 in order for the final grant payment to be claimed by May 2017.

 

Further details can be found in the Guidance for Applicants document (PDF).

tech2 Twitter_logo_blue rgf

Applications are currently closed